Check out our FAQ about job action and how it affects you!
If you don’t want to cross a picket line
- You must contact your dean by Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 3pm, otherwise you will be expected to attend class like normal. The following is an email template you can use and the contact info for the deans.
SUBJECT: Support of CUPE2278 Strike
BODY: I, (name) (student number), will not be crossing picket lines for the duration of the CUPE2278 strike. I am registered in (courses).
Sincerely, (Your Name)
List of Deans:
- Faculty of Applied Science: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty of Arts: email@example.com (Dean’s Administrative Assistant; the Dean’s information is not listed on the Arts website)
- Faculty of Dentistry: firstname.lastname@example.org (Dean’s Administrative Assistant is email@example.com)
- Faculty of Education: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty of Forestry: email@example.com
- Faculty of Land & Food Systems: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty of Law: email@example.com
- Faculty of Medicine: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences: email@example.com
- Faculty of Science: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are an undergraduate TA you are a member of this union. Please make sure you are receiving union emails (email email@example.com if you aren’t). If there is a picket around your building at a time when you are supposed to be working, please withdraw your labour and join the picket line!