We represent UBC Teaching Assistants, Markers, Tutors, and Instructors in the English Language Institute. Certified in 1979, our union is a local of the Canadian Union of Public Employees. The local is run by volunteer Teaching Assistants who are elected each year by the membership of our local who oversee the business of Component I and volunteer ELI Instructors who oversee the business of Component II. Day to day business of the local is taken care of by our Business Agent, Peter, who has served CUPE 2278 for over 20 years and Bridget, a UBC alumna and former 2278 member, who assists with bookkeeping and other vital tasks for the union.
- CUPE mourns Nelson Mandela December 6, 2013
- CUPE marks the National day of Remembrance and Action to end Violence against Women December 5, 2013
- Can work be safe when home isn’t? Fill out this important survey December 5, 2013
- Disability rights: New fact sheet explains full scope of the duty to accommodate December 3, 2013
- CUPE marks International Day for Persons with Disabilities December 2, 2013