Last night, the Bargaining Committee of CUPE 2278 reached a tentative deal with the employer to renew our collective agreement. After more than two years of negotiations, two rounds of mediation and more than a week of job action, your Bargaining Committee believes it has made significant gains and secured several new items which give UBC TAs a stronger, fairer contract. Details of the tentative deal will be forthcoming as soon as they have been finalized by both negotiating parties. The new collective agreement, which is unanimously recommended by the Bargaining Committee, will be presented to the membership for ratification in the coming days. Furthermore, as a result of this deal, CUPE 2278 has agreed to suspend all job action, effective immediately. The Bargaining Team and your union executive would like to offer our sincerest and deepest thanks to its members for their time, energy and solidarity through a lengthy, arduous and at times difficult bargaining process. We couldn’t have done it without you!
- CUPE marks International Human Rights Day December 10, 2013
- Apply to sit on CUPE's national committees December 8, 2013
- CUPE mourns Nelson Mandela December 6, 2013
- CUPE marks the National day of Remembrance and Action to end Violence against Women December 5, 2013
- Can work be safe when home isn’t? Fill out this important survey December 5, 2013